Monday, April 13, 2009

Hey sorry I haven't written in awhile...I really like Stein because of her word repetitions. Although, I do see the point that her poems don't seem to "go" anywhere, I think that her use of repetition creates a rhythm and a music that is unique. There aren't alot of poets during her time that did that. At least, not that I know of. Take, for instance, Susie Asado. The poem itself is like a toung twister in some parts, but if you read the first few lines outloud "Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet tea./Suesie Asado./Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet tea./Suesie Asado./ Susie Asado which is a told tray sure." there is definatly music.

I liked some of Mina Loy poems. In the poem Brancusi's Golden Bird" lines 21-24 are "this breast of revelation/ an incandenscent curve/ licked by chromatic flames/ in labyrinths or relflections" just stuck out to me. Her word choice is very presise and she evokes powerful imagry in her poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment