Monday, April 6, 2009

Hi, I'm Alysia. I am a creative writing major and am taking this class to further my study in poetry. While I understand the importance of Walt Whitman, I am not particularly fond of most of his work. I find much of what he does to be egotistical. On the other hand, I find his use of words and word combinations fascinating. Something about the way he phrases and combines words excites my ears. (that's original lol) Whitman is obviously a talented poet, if he could just get over his ego!

Emily Dickinson, however, is one of my favorite poets of all time. She is what turned me on to poetry in the first place. I love how obscure her poetry is and how morbidly funny she can be. She just is one of those poets that I don't think I can ever get sick of!

No comments:

Post a Comment